Thursday, July 29, 2010

Pattern Correction for "Darci's Dress Up"


No matter how hard I try not to...I do make mistakes. We have made “Darci’s Dress Up” at our shop 5 times and did not catch this error. Since its release in the Fall of 2008, we have had many a customer make up this quilt and have not had anyone express their concern...well until today...
A customer contacted me today and very upset...so of course I’m beside myself. If you have my “Darci’s Dress Up” pattern, please take note of the following changes. 
*Sashing strip width should be cut at 1 3/4” instead of 2”
*1st Border/Sashing should be cut at 1 3/4” instead of 2
*Cornerstones should be cut at 1 3/4” squares
*3rd Border strip width - suggestion but does not have to be done - is to cut strips at 1 3/4” instead of 2”
I design most of my quilts using Electric Quilt and usually double check my math against EQ but must have missed this step for this quilt. It’s not EQ’s fault but I failed to do a step in EQ...had I done my manual calculation, I would have caught this. 
I am so sorry for the inconvenience and for any grief that this has caused any of my customers!! I am posting the pattern correction on my web site and also I will add an addendum to any quilt patterns that go out in the future. 
Please accept my apologies!! I am so very sorry!!

1 comment:

  1. Jere'e, 'oops' happen with all of us! Thanks for the correction notice.

    FYI: I can't respond to your emails lately. I get a message that your info@ email address inbox is full!

    ReplyDelete